A Lifetime Tradition.
When Sea Island Company opened The Cloister on Sea Island in 1928, Bill Jones and automobile magnate Howard Coffin created “a friendly little hotel” on the southern coast of Georgia. In the many years that have passed since Sea Island’s first guest, much in our world has changed. But some things – such as the values of treasuring family, friends, and nature – have remained timeless.
As the resort has evolved through the years, the simple traditions that define Sea Island have been preserved. The same children who once played on the shore years ago now bring their children and grandchildren to play on the same beach. Couples celebrate their golden anniversaries where they first honeymooned. Families reminisce of past vacations, while creating new memories and family traditions.
For more than 85 years, the foundation of genuine warmth and hospitality has remained constant. Between the marshland and the sea exists an island where the world is almost perfect. That place is Sea Island.
Sea Island boasts 5-Star Dining, 5-Star Spa, 5-Star Lodging at The Cloister and The Lodge, three award-winning golf courses on St. Simons Island, an award-winning Beach Club on Sea Island, a marina, fishing excursions, sporting-clay shooting and various activities and camps for kids.
On this narrow strip of land, approximately 5 miles in length, are various ‘cottages’ and condominium style properties. The River Club condos have a starting price of around $900,000 and the cottages range in price range from approximately $1,250,000 to upwards of $5,000,000 for ocean front estate-style homes.
There are close to 600 cottages on Sea Island and a few lots that have so far been left undeveloped. The first of these cottages were built in 1928, when The Cloister was originally built. For the select few able to call this place home, life’s pace moves a bit more leisurely.
Sea Island Real Estate Listings
Active Listings in Sea Island
- 236 W 23rd (cottage 101) Street Sea Island, GA 31561
- 404 Ribault Lane Sea Island, GA 31561
- 218 W Thirtieth (c 297) Street Sea Island, GA 31561
- 100 Moray (forest Cottage 209) Lane Sea Island, GA 31561
- 319 West Fortieth (cottage 384) Street W Sea Island, GA 31561
- 319 W Fifty Third (lot 23) Street Sea Island, GA 31561
- 216 W Eighteenth Street Sea Island, GA 31522
- 341 W 40th (cottage 349) Street Sea Island, GA 31561
- 222 W Twenty Fourth (cottage 138) Street Sea Island, GA 31561
- 1705 Sea Island Drive (cottage 122) Sea Island, GA 31561
- 10 Dune (cor 10) Ave, Unit 10, Qtr Int. 3 Sea Island, GA 31561
- 239 W 24th (cottage 120) Street Sea Island, GA 31561
- 250 Ninth Street (cottage 236) Sea Island, GA 31561
- 10 Dune (cor 10 Qtr. Int. 2) Drive Sea Island, GA 31561
- 400 Beach Club Drive (313-315) Sea Island, GA 31561
Walk Score for Sea Island
Sea Island School Data
Sea Island School Districts
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school district data. Please check back soon.
Sea Island Schools
We’re sorry, we were unable to load the school data. Please check back soon.